Monday 22 November 2021

BLUE+DECKER


After 22 months my trusty BLACK+DECKER GWC3600L20-GB eVac died. In the field on Friday, flicked the switch - nothing. Lots of fiddling, nothing. Completely dead. A completely dead lump of orange and black plastic electrical waste. I estimate I used it somewhere between 50-100 times, was careful always to dry it as fully as I could before putting it away. Is 22 months a reasonable lifespan? To be fair, B+D do have a 24 month warranty, but since I don't have all the original bits I don't think that would apply. Either way, it has turned up close to a dozen VC55 firsts, beasties I would never have found otherwise. After the woe, I ordered another one. At least I have some spares now, I just wish it was repairable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments welcome, I will respond as soon as I can.