Tuesday 12 May 2020

#LockdownSucksChallenge Round 4 - a couple of noobs


Pocadicnemis pumila

I've finished doing the I.D.s for round 4 (for me) of the #LockdownSucksChallenge. Most of the species are familiar from previous rounds (but a nationwide picture of abundance and phenology will be useful), but there are some changes. Ceratinella brevipes and Pocadicnemis pumila are new for me, and not frequently recorded in VC55 (possibly because of identification difficulty). In addition, my local Pardosa and Xysticus are now (mostly) mature, signalling the start of a mad scramble of the next couple of months.


Pardosa amentata

The full list from this round is:

Bathyphantes gracilis 2m 1f
Ceratinella brevipes 1m 3f
Dicymbium nigrum/brevisetosum agg 1m
Dismodicus bifrons 1f
Erigone dentipalpis 1m 2f
Erigonella hiemalis 5f
Oedothorax fuscus 1f
Pachygnatha degeeri 1m
Pardosa amentata Abundant
Pocadicnemis pumila 1f
Xysticus cristatus 2f

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments welcome, I will respond as soon as I can.