Sunday 16 December 2018

Caddis 2018

Once I'd made the decision that I was never going to be Dipterist, life got much easier. Not that there's anything wrong with Dipterists, in fact, some of my best friends are... We are very lucky in VC55 in having a very knowledgable and approachable expert in Ray Morris, who is always happy to receive caddis flies from moth traps, so I have outsourced my caddis I.D.s to Ray who has kindly provided the following list for my 2018 trapping efforts (30W Actinic + 15W Synergetic). Ray tells me that this haul is fairly average for a suburban garden, but as with moths, it can be surprising what turns up even in the middle of a town/city.



Ray Morris (2013) Provisional status of Trichoptera (caddis flies) in Leicestershire & Rutland (VC55). LESOPS 29 (February 2013)
ISSN 0957-1019. https://www.naturespot.org.uk/sites/default/files/downloads/LESOPS029_Caddis.pdf



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments welcome, I will respond as soon as I can.